Friday, March 30, 2012

The Good Yeggs - Recording Session 3/30/12 HesDeadJimStudios Queens, New York

Photobucket

The Good Yeggs had a great day recording some tracks for fun, demo purposes, posterity and our forthcoming CD. As opposed to going the Phil Spector route of 300 takes before rolling (Hard Drive) tape we make it pretty easy to please and so long as we are all happy with our performances technically with a hint of "producing" from Thomas then its on to the next step. Recorded this afternoon was "Me & My Monster" which only needs some guitar, keyboard and vocal overdubs to completion and Basic Tracks for "I'm Coming Back"(including Bongoes), The Foundations Classic "Build Me Up Buttercup" and "Heartache By The Numbers" the Ray Price standard, Thunder Tube was also overdubbed onto "Bad Things".

Photobucket

Taken from behind the Drums by, you guessed it, The Drummer.

Photobucket

Thomas with Les Paul (the guitar) and his valet the handsome and charming Lennon.

Photobucket

Is that a Longhorn that you have there or are you just happy to see me.

Photobucket

Prior to making some noise on Sound Percussion Drums and Zildjian ZBT Cymbals (and the $600 Snare Drum).

Photobucket

The Best of Both Worlds, PC Laptop Home Recording Studio, Mackie 24X8 outboard mixing console and Alesis multi-track recorder.

Photobucket

Joe with his recording Bass the Ibanez Artcore Semi-Hollow Body.

Photobucket

The Incredible, Edible egg.

Photobucket

I had mentioned to Joe on the way over that I hadn't eaten yet and wanted to stop for a snack so while Thomas was getting Drum mic levels Joe decided to make the first Beer run and asked if I wanted a sandwich I replied "Sure, Surprise me" and Surprise me he did with Ham & Swiss on a Roll with Lettuce, Tomato and Mayo. Nina agreed with me after the session that a sandwich never tastes so good as when someone else makes it for you.



Take 1 / Guitar Overdub / Punch - in "I'm Coming Back"



Take 1 / Lead Vocals / "Me & My Monster"

These vocals were not used as Joe felt they were a tad nasally. Take 2 nailed it.

No comments: