Saturday, June 22, 2013

Silver Star Restaurant Brooklyn, New York


Silver Star Restaurant has been mentioned on this blog previously but is such a favorite of mine and mainstay of my misspent youth that I cannot help but report on every meal I have there, I have decided to do an annual spot with addendum's to each entry. Pictured above is the "Regular" for me the Roast Pork Chow Mein accompanied by Pork Fried Rice and a Crispy Egg Roll.


The Classic Wonton Soup, Today it was a little off (Hey nobody's Perfect not even Silver Star) as the Noodle seemed a little overdone and the Broth was slightly tasteless, still better than 99.9% in Brooklyn Chinese Food.


Waiter may we have some more Crispy Noodles please. These are always free, none of this the 3rd bowel and after we charge dollar.


Silver Star interior, This was a Saturday afternoon before the Dinner crowd arrived.


We have to work on getting past the line of scrimmage.


Silver Star exterior.



7/20/13 - I was here with Frank during the Dinner hour and the Hot and Sour Soup was Perfect, Once again only Silver Star makes it this way anymore in Brooklyn chinese dining.



The Sweet and Pungent Pork Combination comes with Soup, Fried or White Rice and Egg Roll ($8.95)


Just as Frank was telling me "This place can't be beat for Roast Pork" I spied in my Fried Rice a perfect cube of you guessed it, Roast Pork so I took a closeup shot with the iPhone. Yes that's Scrambled Egg in the Rice, another ingredient vanished from Brooklyn Chinese Food. On a personal note I do not like Egg's but this is So Good

No comments: